Friday, July 10, 2009

The Coast Guard life?



Well, we are here..... about 3 weeks settled in. From Albany NY, to Eureka, CA... its a big change. Kevin is stationed at a land unit working with housing, and i am desperately looking for a nursing job. Its tough out here; the hospital don't hire LPN's (out here L"V"N's) and the nursing home is really the only LVN gig. Medical Assistant are abundant, but the pay is nothing close to nursing pay. Its a bummer. If it weren't for the incredible scenery, i'd be losing my every once of sanity.

We are still scoping things out; we went to Petaluma last weekend to visit a few of his CG friends, the area was nice..... much more civilization there.
I can't knock Humboldt, you won't find many places like it.... its unique. I just miss home. I miss the girls. I miss my crazy patients. I miss Stewerts iced coffee.

1 comment:

The Barkers said...

Hi! I just got your comment on my blog! Welcome to Eureka! Are you going to be living in housing or out on the economy? My name is Nell and I am actually the ombudsman here I have made a newsletter blog that you can check out http://humbaynewsletter.blogspot.com/ all my info is on there as well as a lot of other great information. I also have an e-mail list that I send out information to as well- so if you'd like to be added just drop me a line to my ombudsman e-mail and I'll gladly add you! Let me know if I can help with anything- and I look forward to meeting you!

~Nell